This Standard specifies general requirements for the design, installation and commissioning of automatic fire sprinkler systems in buildings and structures. This includes land-based buildings, mines, tunnels, bridges, wharves, jetties and mobile structures like rail cars and drag lines.
The 2006 edition brings you the latest in simplified and economical design, reflecting rapid changes in technologies as a result of testing in the US, UK and Australia.
What’s different about the 2006* edition?
- Extended tables for sprinkler clearances
- Simplified design processes for ordinary hazards, including the number of sprinklers in operation
- Additional information and summary tables on high hazard class systems
- Clearer determination of design area with hydraulic calculations
- Concealed space protection now considers a building’s life cycle
- New single town main supply
- New ‘dual’ water concept where higher supply reliability is required
*The 1999 edition is still available for sale and continues to be referenced in the current Building Code of Australia (BCA). However, in situations where the authority having jurisdiction does not require the BCA referenced version, the 2006 edition may be applied. Since it is predicated on advanced technology, the application of AS 2118.1-2006 may provide a more cost-effective and water efficient sprinkler design.
Also available in A5 format.